Budapest is the capital of Hungary. This is a lively big city with many sights, fun and adventure. The city is situated on the two sides of the river Danube. The river divides the city to two parts: Buda and Pest. Buda is hilly, Pest is more plain. The center of the city is in Pest: here can be found the administrative and entertaining centers of Budapest and Hungary. From the hills of Buda has beautiful panorama to the river and the city.
What to do in Budapest?
- go for sightseeing (organized tours or individually)
- relax in a thermal bath (there are several of them in Budapest)
- go for shopping (a lot of shopping centers, malls, stores, markets wait for you)
- go for an adventure (caving in the Buda hills, motorboating on the Danube, flight tours, biking, etc)
- night programs (concerts, shows, bars, cultural programs, dinner on a boat)
- go for an excursion in the country (you can reach almost any part of the country in a one day excursion from Budapest - visit other cities and towns, try our famous thermal baths, have a lunch in a local tavern in the Great Plain, sail in the Lake Balaton, take a tour on one of hour hill and so on)